Monday, May 23, 2011

The Quickest Update I Can Muster

I seriously miss talking to other chronics lately.  Unfortunately it's not always for great reasons-- I've been feeling extra whiny lately, and now that I'm a sick person in a well person's world (as opposed to being a sick person in my own, private, sick-person world), it's sometimes even harder to explain that I don't feel well. Or just plain inappropriate.  If I miss a day of work, it's kind of frowned upon to explain to coworkers how heroic it is that I'm here today. Everyone who needs to know, knows, and I sort of need to get my act together in order to be as healthy as I can be!

So, brief recap of the last several months:

January
Graduated from college!  SUPER happy!  Began job hunt. Had a terrible interviews, had some good interviews.
February
Had a couple of great interviews and, voila, a job offer!  More super happy.  And gratitude like crazy because, really, I expected to be looking for much, much longer, and it's great work.
March
Began job, began apartment-hunting, met lots of crazy potential roommates and finally found completely sane apartment-mate about a mile away from boyfriend.  All good things... but all kind of stressful things too!
April
March finally catches up with me, and I get sick a good bit.  I end up in the hospital with colitis, I go off my antibiotics, and I start looking for a new doctor.  My body is not so good with the difference between good stress and bad stress-- hey body, don't you know we're happy?  Dumb.
May
More of that, and now I'm looking for a doctor like crazy.  Still happy at the job, but also scared of losing the job.  Determined to get a hold of this illness before it gets a hold of me.  Reading The Happiness Project and am convinced that I too can get my life under control with some planning, introspection, and elbow grease.

Which brings me to now, and brings me to maybe posting more or maybe starting a new blog.  Something's got to give, and it's not just my health issues.  I feel a need to sculpt my life a lot more purposefully now that I finally have that power back.


How do you enjoy your life more?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating! That's kind of a big deal. Even if you were to get too sick to work for a while, you've accomplished college. No one can take that away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, today must be my lucky day - I'm always way, way behind in reading blogs and happened to have a few minutes to browse just as your only update in months showed up! Yay!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Wow, graduation AND a new job AND a move. That is all amazing! So, I'm guessing your Lyme treatments have helped you improve quite a bit from where you were a year ago, huh? Still waiting to see some of that in my son - he's been herxing badly so we hope that improvement is around the corner.

    Maybe one of these databases can help you find a new doctor:

    http://livewithcfs.blogspot.com/2011/01/finding-doctor-for-mecfs.html

    I'm so happy for you!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome. Congrats on the job and good luck on finding a doctor and balance. Even when you're relatively well, it's hard to find balance, so I wish you luck and peace and goodness! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails